Tuesday 6 December 2011

My little patch!

Right, here we go!
Off on another adventure, this time it's an
ALLOTMENT.

Now I have to be honest here that blog posts are far and few between with me lately.  But I love to take photos so what better way to do it than through a blog. So if you like to nosey then feel welcome to follow, if you comment I always try to respond, so lets see how we go eh?

Now this 'New' hobby of ours is most definitely a learn on the job effort and I'm hoping my boys are going to get heavily involved with it as in all honestly, it's for them that I am doing it.  I'd rather just sit in a deck chair and point at things!

I don't have many tools, nor a shed or even this deck chair I want to sit on, so it's most definitely a beg borrow or steal affair I'm afraid!  First on our list is to dig out the blasted weeds, mainly Creeping Buttercup!  Grrrrrr!

Now here's a few photos of PLOT 5.
This was before our tenancy officially started and as you see,
it has some raised beds and a bit of terracing to help with the slight slope...
These features have been removed by the previous tenant along with some of the plants
(spoil sport!)
Plus we've managed a bit of the old weeding.
So even though I'm showing you these photos now it doesn't look much like it now,
but go ahead and have a nosey.



The above photo you can see almost all the plot, the area of
tall brown weeds on the top right is the neighbour, so ours goes from
there down to just to my left as I took the photo.
About 45x30ft.



It's not your usual style of allotment site, well it isn't up at the end we're on.


That's Finley, waving at you. 
He's the keen gardener in the family and for whom I've done this for if I'm honest.

So there we are.
Brambly Corner: plot 5.

Nothing much happens between now and late Winter/early Spring so we'll see how we go with posts on here as and when.  I feel this blog may be more for my my own benefit as a diary mainly, therefore I'd best get some photos organised showing the plot as it is now, and start making some plans.

Thanks for reading and I do hope you won't be shy at offering any advice or encouragement along the way, goodness knows we're certainly going to need it. 
I'm not fooling anyone, I'm no Charlie Dimmock! 
Actually, I'd rather be Rachel De Thame.

Love Claire. x



No comments:

Post a Comment