Thursday 26 January 2012

Pooooooooh...!

We were just a bit excited with our delivery to the plot this morning,
so being the lovely girl I am I thought I'd share it with you.


We've got loads of the stuff!
Julie, my neighbour, and I shared the cost and the poop between the 2 of us and there's plenty to go round. We were sweating and very red in the face after 3 hours of shovelling and digging, barrowing it round to each of our plots, and the pile is still huge. We'll save the stuff that doesn't go on the ground this time for using throughout the year. This stuff only gets better with age and seeing as it's already YEARS old it's going to be like a bottle of vintage wine!

I do wish the video had been on me though, I was walking backwards down the slope with the barrow full of it...and then I slipped on my bottom and the poop poured on top of me!  There I am sat on a very muddy patch covered in manure...we howled laughing.


A different angle of the plot than normal, so you can see the 2 new beds which I dug, weeded and topped with manure today.
(between bouts shovelling and barrowing!)
Who needs gym membership when you have an allotment eh?!

Oh, and just for the record, I've lost 17.5lbs since October.
Possibly more to do with Slimming World but this exercise is definitely helping.

Thanks for reading

Love Claire. x

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of poo :) We collected some a few weeks ago but only a few bins worth. Must have been hard work shovelling it all!

    We need to put manure on the beds where we plan on putting the potatoes this year but the weather has been rubbish recently so have put it off. Need to get it dug in ready for March/April when the spuds get planted. Looking forward to the weather getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! What a shit job that must've been! Hope your boys commented on the smelly mummy ;-)

    Glad to see it's coming on and let the comparisons begin cos I'll be keeping an eye on what you and the Leadleys are planting that I can try next year ;-)

    Gotta see some pics of some seedlings soon - get some onions, garlic and cabbage started soon, so they're nice and strong when you plant them out - it works for me cos planting seeds in the ground gets so confusing at weeding times.

    ReplyDelete