Wednesday 18 January 2012

Thank you Mr Postie!

I had a lovely time the other day, picking and choosing what I'd like to grow this year, popping things in my basket, then taking them out and changing my mind and all whilst sat in my cosy little armchair.

You may have heard of the website

EBAY!!!

Who'd have thought it eh?

Anyhow, the company came highly recommended, they're cheap and you don't end up with 1000's of seeds that I'll never try grow again.  Plus, no matter how many you buy you only pay 59p P&P.

Well they arrived today, look!


You may notice there are no pretty envelopes.  Well if you want a pretty picture to go with your seeds then there are plenty of other companies you can buy your seeds from, but beware...£££. 
For example: Gigantic Pumpkins (for the boys, of course!) from a well known company charge you almost FOUR times as much for the same amount of seeds!

Check it out for yourself (here) I paid 99p for mine (here)


That's the only difference.  I can enjoy trying to grow things that I'd not normally be able to due to the costs.  Now all I need to worry about is space and where I can put them!


They tumbled out of the parcel like sweeties.


Yup, I bought a few daft things.


Think I'll need a bigger seed tin now.


Right, well seeing as we've now got a just a few things to grow I thought we'd best make plans on where to start them when it's a bit warmer.

Thing#1 and Thing#2 were given the task of building the plastic mini greenhouse.



Thanks for reading.
Claire. x

Edit: I forgot to add that I sold a few bits and bobs at the end of last year on Ebay and the money was still sat in my Paypal account, I used it to buy all these goodies with. Even more of a bargain eh? x

2 comments:

  1. Top quality! I'm jealous - and I've got my own seeds! I get given bizarre ones as Christmas pressies nowadays - it'll remove you being in the "what do I get her?" group and you're guaranteed to get something that'll make you happy (even if it's "WOW! what's this?!")

    Now start saving your plastic bottles. Cut them in half and use them as individual cloches for the seedlings when you plant them out, that'll get them acclimatised to the weather but not beaten by the wind or eaten by monsters ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, I love your Blog! I have now read from beginning to end - it so reminds me of me!! I think I am just a little in front of you as I got my very overgrown plot in May last year, and what a learning curve! I am excited about my seeds now and looking forward to getting everything going.
    Have you tried making paper pots? It's free and great for the kids to do. There is a really good tutorial here: http://ourweefarm.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-make-paper-pot.html

    I'm making some this weekend and going to get the first lot of this years plants underway.

    Alison x

    ReplyDelete